Strange and fascinating facts about sex in culture and history found around the world or while traveling the globe.
1. If you are looking for a hot and steamy one night stand, pack your bags and book a Hostel. A survey by HostelBookers.com asked users about their ‘Juiciest Travel Sex Secrets’. Over 11,000 individuals came back revealing 41% of women and 52% of men enjoyed a one-night stand during their travels.
2. Did you know, on a Greek Island during Ancient times there was a ‘penis cures’ found carved into a lead tablet? The inscription read "May your penis hurt when you make love." Ouch...
3. If you are ever in Iceland, the Icelandic Phallological Museum is dedicated solely to the male sexual organ. Exhibiting over 283 phallus member from over 93 species including homo sapiens. Now that a lot of penis.
4. Is your fantasy to have a threesome? Fantasize no more, on your next vacation book a flight down under where 28% of Australians have admitted having a threesome at least once in their lifetime.
5. Do you want to put it in your mouth on a regular basis? Guo Li Zhuang, a restaurant in Beijing, specializes in serving over 30 species of penises on their menu with a nice side dish of face or claws.
6. Contraceptives are not just found in the modern world. In Ancient Egypt, crocodile feces was dried out and used a contraceptive, which was found to contained spermicidal properties. I do not want to know how that was discovered.
7. Looking for a little up-sizing, head to Germany where you can find the largest number of recorded penis enlargement operations around the world.
8. Size doesn’t matter! In Brooklyn, USA, there is even a contest to prove it. No matter how small you are, you can be the big winner of the Smallest Penis in Brooklyn contest.
9. If you like them large ladies, head to the Republic of Congo. According to a study by the University of Ulster, the largest average penis size is found in the Republic of Congo at 7.1 inches long.
10. Men have always loved their penis, almost as much as they love showing it off. In Japan, they have dedicated an entire festival to showing it off, The Festival of the Steel Phallus. It is now an event to promote AIDS awareness but In the 17th-century, prostitutes would pray during this time to protect them from sexually transmitted diseases.
11. The relationship App, Spreadsheet, ranked states that have the most stamina in the bedroom, or should I say in the bed. In the order of longest average sexual encounters, the winners are; New Mexico, West Virginia, Idaho, South Carolina, and Missouri.
12. Men have been trying to make their package bigger and better for ages, from surgical procedures to penis pumps. These are not the only solutions. Indian Mystics would be known to hang weights from their penis at a young age to encourage enlargement. If that is not to your taste you can join the Topinama Tribesmen of Brazil who had poisonous snakes bite their member, causing swelling growth.